Department Policy: To conserve, improve, and protect its natural resources and environment and control water, land, and air pollution, in order to enhance the health, safety, and welfare of the people of the state and their overall economic and social well being.
- Provides policy direction for the department, and relentless coordination of investment and service delivery
- Ensures that public concerns are fully considered in department decisions and actions
Establishes department objectives and assures performance
- Serves as spokesperson for the Governor on environmental matters
- Issues decisions on administrative appeal requests
- Adopts all department regulations