Acta Agriculturæ. Scandinavica, Section A – Animal Science publishes results of original research in animal science and their applications related to the following topics:
- Animal breeding and genetics
- Animal physiology and reproduction
- Nutrition and feeding
- Animal behaviour and welfare
- General animal husbandry and systems of production, including economic and technical aspects
- Hygiene and quality of animal products
In addition to original articles, covering basic as well as applied subjects, the journal features review articles and short communications.